Social Media Buttons

Monday, November 16, 2009

His Pursuing Love

This morning as I was doing a few chores a thought hit me. It occurred to me that when I am dealing with a difficult subject or mindset I typically expect the Lord to rush to me, pick me up, kiss my wounds and set me on my way- better off. And then I recalled a portion of James 4:8 which says "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you..."
God has an expectation of me. He expects me to practice drawing near to Him. To deny myself and my often selfish, or 'woe is me' mindset and to seek Him. To change and re-orient my focus. A daily dying to myself. He is always by my side, yet He waits patiently, lovingly for me to invite Him ever closer. Wow, is that hard! He is loving, patient, and persistent in His love towards me. Oh, that I may be more like Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment