Social Media Buttons

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter in the deep south. (Photo)

This weeks Google+ Project 52 photo:


 Theme: Winter


Living as I do, in the deep south, I struggled to find an image that I thought would depict winter adequately. When thinking of winter my mind envisions frost, ice, or even snow. Can you tell I'm not from here? :)


These are the leaves of a banana tree all withered away due to brief 'cold snaps' we've had. In the summer banana leaves enchant me with their subtly ribbed texture and flowing leaves clothed in alluring shades of green. Strangely, I find myself compelled by their current state - drawn to their texture, color and even the mottled pattern of decay on what were once vibrant leaves.




(Click image for better viewing)




Wasted Winter


No comments:

Post a Comment