Social Media Buttons

Friday, July 22, 2011

Ginger Pork- from All Recipes :)

This is dinner tonight and it's wonderful! I have yet to meet a recipe with sherry in it that I do not like and 10yr old port is excellent in this one.


It tastes much better than the photo on the site would suggest. I can't take my own photo as my camera is away for servicing.

I did not have green onion so I subbed some white onion in when I browned the pork (in freshly ground hard red wheat flour). I used Chicken broth for the broth and water measurements. I'm sure I doubled if not tripled the ginger (grated from frozen) as one cannot have too much ginger. :) I omitted the sugar to make it a "clean eating" recipe. In the last few minutes of simmering I added thinly sliced carrot.

I served it over brown rice that was made in a rice cooker with a clove of garlic and a few rings of white onion thrown in.

Definitely a keeper!

An added benefit- every child happily ate the meat. :) Now the rice was another story, though I quite liked mine with the sauce on it. When I buy a pork loin I cube a portion of it and bag. The relatively quick defrost has saved me on a number of occasions. Tonight was not one of them...I was a tad late. Photoshop was decidedly more fun than cooking. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Many years ago a friend taught me about Chinese cooking. His words, so true, that I've never forgotten were: Ginger, garlic and sherry are the triumvirate. Putting them together makes magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard that Susan. I agree! I adore Chinese cooking- in theory. I often cannot eat it at restaurants due to ....consequences and I don't really know how to make any. What I really want to learn is how to make the mixed veggies. There is some sort of light sauce...I think. BTW- your Boonie bread is calling my name. I have plans. It's printed so I'm committed. ;)

    ReplyDelete